The reality of climate change is becoming more apparent every day as temperatures rise and extreme weather events plague communities across the globe. The last seven years are the warmest recorded. Global greenhouse gas emissions have soared to the highest levels in human history.
Within the last year, we have seen severe drought throughout North America, Europe, Africa, and China, record-breaking heatwaves in Europe and China, an increase in the severity and frequency of wildfires in North and South America, and catastrophic floods in Pakistan and elsewhere.
Climate disruption is rapidly accelerating, and it is imperative that we take urgent, ambitious action on climate. This year’s Climate Week NYC focuses on increasing our collective ambition on climate to meet our goals.
We Don’t Have Time, a social network for everyone who wants to be a part of the solution to the climate crisis, will host a series of live broadcasts from September 19th through September 25th centered around raising climate ambition and working toward securing a climate-safe future for all of humankind. The six-day event brings together a host of businesses, experts, artists, scientists, and organizations dedicated to tackling the climate emergency.
The broadcast series is organized by We Don’t Have Time in collaboration with the UN Development Programme, Clinton Global Initiative, Earth4All, Exponential Roadmap Initiative, and the Climate Group. Additional partners include Ragn-Sells, Futerra, WeWork, and more.
We Don’t Have Time’s Dr. Sweta Chakraborty and Nick Nuttall will host the broadcast.
Event attendees will have the opportunity to hear from a host of leading changemakers about the various actionable solutions available to combat our planet’s greatest challenge. As with past summits, attendees will be able to interact through the app throughout the event. Attendees can submit questions for the speakers as well as share comments and ideas.
- A Proper Carbon Price – a Key to Higher Climate Action?
- Reaching Net Zero: How We Can Achieve the Ambitious Pledges for Carbon Reductions Amid New Laws and Regulations
- A Fast and Fair Clean Energy Transition: How We Can Unlock Capital for Climate Mitigation in an Equitable and Just Way
- Green Finance
- The 1.5°C Business Playbook for Exponential Climate Action
- The Food Crisis and the Threat of Global Destabilization: How We Can Take Urgent and Sustainable Action to Address Food Insecurity
- Music for Climate Action
- Fast-forwarding Climate Action Through Agriculture and Food
- Scaling Climate Solutions Exponentially
- Upping the Ambition for a Global Plastics Treaty
- Reinventing Supply Chains to Halve Emissions by 2030
- Natural Climate Solutions
- Fossil Fuel Subsidies & Agriculture
- The Road to COP27
For the full program and to register for free, please visit We Don’t Have Time.